Anna Stanford's Gourmet Salad
Roasted Squash, Beetroot, Pearl Couscous & Crispy Kale Salad. Served with Tahini Dressing & Giant Croutons!
For the salad:
- 1 squash, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 4 cooked beetroot, roughly chopped
- 250g Pearl Couscous
- 200g kale, woody stalks removed
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp tahini mixed with 3 tbsp cold water
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey or agave nectar (if vegan)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 sourdough loaf, roughly cut into large wedges
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
Cook the couscous according to packet instructions (normally 8 minutes in simmering water). Drain, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and fork through.
Add the squash to a lined baking tray. Season and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Roast at 180 fan for 20 minutes.
Add the kale to the tray with the squash, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, season and roast for 5 minutes.
Lay the bread wedges on a baking tray, sprinkle over the salt, oregano and olive oil. Roast for 10 minutes, turning once, until golden.
Combine all the salad ingredients.
Combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl.
Drizzle some of the dressing over the salad serving the rest in your Mezze bowl on the side.
Serve with the oversized croutons.